Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WHY NOT ME? - 8th Nov 2006

It was 11'o' clock, the 5th of August (friendship day) and I wanted to be the first to wish my best friend, Ajay. And so the moment the clock struck 12 I rushed to the phone booth in my hostel to wish Ajay but unfortunately someone else had wished him before I could wish him and I was the second to wish him. I then spoke to another friend of mine named Lydia and wished her as well. It felt wonderful speaking to them after so long and wishing them. I came back to my hostel and after a while went to sleep happily.

Well, I got up the next morning and after getting ready, before sitting down to study, I took out my Bible to read. It was then that I remembered that I hadn’t actually read my Bible the previous day. I was so happy about having spoken to my friends after so long that I had forgotten to wish my best friend, Jesus. Usually when we are among friends, we forget our best friend, who didn’t mind having to sacrifice his life to buy my friendship. He gave his life for me.

Well, I happen to be doing my B.com(CA) at KGCAS, Coimbatore. No one speaks Hindi here and a very few speak English. Since I don’t happen to know much of Tamil, I find it hard to communicate with many here. Probably one reason why I miss out on having a good gang of friends with me. The only person I'm very close to is another guy from Bihar who is here with me.

Whenever I pray I keep complaining to God about this because throughout my schooling, I had a huge gang of friends with me always. And one day as I was questioning God, God said, "WHY NOT ME?". God wanted to be my best friend. I told God I wanted a friend with a human touch, someone whom I could see and talk to and relate with. And God said, "My touch is far more deeper than a human touch".

I decided that day that from now on Jesus would be my best friend. I decided I would tell him all my secrets, share jokes and ask help and advice from him and talk with him all the time just like talking with a normal human being and he would fill the vacant spot which was looking for a friend. And he definitely has proved to be a friend above all friends. Today the joy, the trust, the understanding and the fulfilment I find in Him is so wonderful and so amazing. I am glad I've found friend in Jesus.

Today God is asking the same of each of us, "WHY NOT ME?". You may have your own excuses just as I had but why don't you give it a try. Make him your best friend and you will see his touch in your life and believe me, your life will never the same again.

- Contributed by Abhishek Beracah
(
abhishek.ambrose@gmail.com)




Exodus 33:11 - The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.

Job 16:20 - My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God;

Job 29:4 - Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house,

Proverbs 17:17 - A friend loves at all times

John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:14 - (Jesus said) You are my friends if you do what I command.

John 15:15 - (Jesus said) I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

James 2:23 - And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," [ Gen. 15:6] and he was called God's friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment