Thursday, November 09, 2006

Define Freedom - 15th Aug 2006

Happy Independence Day!!!!! J

Freedom…….. well, what is freedom???

Back in School days we had Scripture classes everyday (except on holidays), for about 45 minutes before our other classes started. My scripture teacher one day asked us this question – Define Freedom??!!

We were a bunch of kids, in a hostel with so many rules, and you can guess the kind of answers that each of us came up with. J

Most of us came up with the answer saying – Freedom is being allowed to do whatever I want to do and whatever I’m happy doing. My teacher said something, which didn’t make much sense to me then. But yes, it does make me think now. She said that - When yu do whatever you want to do, are you still happy at the end of the day???

She gave us a beautiful definition for freedom, which I still remember word to word. She said – Freedom is the ability to do what God wants me to do.

Isnt that so true!! If I’m able to do all that God wants me to do, I am indeed a free person. And, at the end of the day I’m happy too, even if Ive done something against my wish. If I’m not able to do what God wants me to do, I’m under some bondage or the other, small though it may seem, but even small things like lying, hurting others, having fun at the cost of someone, talking bad about someone – is all bondages.

The question is – Am I really a free person today??

John 8:36:So if the Son liberates you [makes you free men], then you are really and unquestionably free.



P.S – To the Wittenbach Family, Aug 15th happens to be India’s Independence Day J.

No comments:

Post a Comment