Thursday, November 09, 2006

Begin Your Day Right - 9th Aug 2006

Today as I rushed to have a hurried breakfast before leaving to office, I found to my dismay that there was nothing at home. No bread, no eggs, no fruits, no milk........ there was no time to make parathas or anything as such. I very badly wanted to have something but it was time to rush to office. The first thing I did as soon as I got here was to have my breakfast. Its only after I had my first bite that I started feeling good. while having my breakfast I remembered something that had happened long time back during my school days.

I was in my 12th and our board exams were going on. That day, for some reason I hadn't had my breakfast and had gone for the exam. While waiting to get into the exam hall, I felt so faint. I actually almost fainted. This somehow reached my warden and then the principal. By the way, I was in a hostel, and not having breakfast was like a big thing for which people used to even be punished :) . so, the principal sent for me and he happens to be a zoology teacher. He gave a long teaching about how our body functions and how important breakfast is to the body, especially for growing children. To start the day right and to keep me going I had to have a proper breakfast. Though I wouldn't see any big effect on the outside, my body actually needed food badly otherwise the acids would harm and cause ulcer. So grave are the effects.

At school every morning and night we had 30 minutes of prayer time, where a few songs would be sung and one of the staffs would share a thought and then a prayer would be said. This happened everyday. Probably at that time, since things were spoon fed I really didn't realize the importance of it. In college, things weren't compulsory. I could join the prayer if I wanted to and I used to join whenever I felt like it. After college when I started working, I had just no time for God. No time for praying or for reading God's word. I didn't see any effect on the outside but yes, inside my spirit was crying for God as the acids had started to eat. I'm glad God pulled me to him at the right time.

Now I know how important breakfast is for me to stay healthy and Yes, I know how important it is for me to take time to spend with God everyday before I start my day, to keep myself healthy in him. The body acids start creating a problem only if constantly not given food or when the body has become weak. But the devil is not going to wait for a weak moment. He would use every chance he gets. The Bible says - Be careful, the devil roams around like a prowling lion seeking for someone to devour. We need to be very careful to spend time with God everyday before we start the day. It keeps us healthy in him, gives us the strength to face problems, gives us the wisdom to choose the right, the courage to stand for him, the power to overcome sin, and peace, joy to see us through the day effectively for God and so much more...... Without some time with Jesus we would not be properly equipped to face the day in a successful way.

There is so much of evil in this world, we as humans cannot face the world on our own. We need something more to face the world as victors, as masters of everything (just like how God planned it to be in the beginning of creation). And for this we need to spend some time with our creator. In the superman movie, every time superman needed power to conquer evil power, he had to go to the sun to receive power from it. So much like that. We need to spend time with the Sun of Righteousness to be endowed with nhis power to conquer evil and live as victorious children of God. The more time I am with him, the more of his power I have in my life.

Not just every morning but every evening too, before we end the day as well, to thank him for the day and to commit ourselves once again to him. Though it may not seem important to you, I've seen how much it actually means to God and the difference it makes in the spiritual realm. Its an act of gratitude when we come before him before we end our day.and its an act of trust when we come before him before we begin our day.

Lets start and end our day right..........


1 Chronicles 23:30
They are also to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord, and likewise at evening,

No comments:

Post a Comment