Thursday, November 09, 2006

Baby Sam's Laugh - 27th Oct 2006

A few days back as I was reading Psalm 30, I was awed and fascinated by verse 11. it reads - You turned my wailing into dancing. I just sat thinking about the word 'wailing'. This was a word which didn't mean sadness or crying, it meant something a lot beyond that. It depicts extreme sadness clubbed with depression, desperation and despair. And David sings in this psalm that God had turned his 'Wailing' into 'Dancing'. Now I sat thinking about the word 'Dancing'. This word didn't just mean happiness or laughing, this again meant something much beyond that. Probably a state of extreme happiness. A state of being so happy that one is dancing with joy. My God can turn Wailing into Dancing.
After I had finished my Engineering I was fortunate enough to spend a year at home with my family. It was a year of no work, just time with family. It was a welcome break specially since almost all my life I had been in hostels. It was during this year that I met Baby Sam. He was just about 4-5 months old when I met him and he was (and is) a very beautiful baby. And in no time we had become best friends. He learnt to stand holding my hand and learnt to walk holding my hand, ate his first bite from my hand, was introduced to most of the fruits by me. And during this time one of our family friends had gifted me a small puppy, which I named Lucky and so we were this band of three - Baby Sam, Lucky and me. :)
After a year I moved to Bangalore when I got a job here. Even now whenever Sam falls sick, his mom gives me a call and asks me to speak to him saying - Just hearing your voice would make him feel better. And it so happened that Baby Sam fell sick yesterday and his mom called up as usual. Sam was too sick to talk and so I asked his mom to keep the phone near his ear and I would do the talking and as I was talking he was just replying with a occasional 'hmmm....'. And the "hmmm....." sounded so faint and so fragile and so sick and it was a very sad sounding "hmmm....". Just hearing that I knew he was really sick this time. I told his mom I'd call later on after speaking for some time and hung up.
Today morning when I gave him a call it was a completely different voice. He was just screaming and shouting and was back to his naughty self. His fever was almost completely gone and he had just been told that he didn't have to go to school for the next two days (as the doctor had advised 3 days of bed rest suspecting viral fever) and was overjoyed at the thought of no homeworks and no teachers, I guess. It was wonderful talking to him and finding him back to his usual talkative, loud, full of laugh, self.
It was because this baby meant so much to me that watching his crying 'hmmmm...'' change into his laughing and screaming voice made me feel so happy. The love that God has for us and how much each of us mean to God is way beyond anything and everything. How much more he would want to change every sigh and every tear and every pain and every sadness into dancing. If he has let us be in our state of mourning or in our state of tears or in our state of pain for a little longer, it is definitely with a purpose. He can and will definitely bring our dancing phase in soon. We just need to hold on and blindly trust him till then.
I always believe that whenever crushed by problems and pain, the more your crushed, the better the blessings that await you. So when discouraged and torn with grief, raise your sight up and start thinking of the blessing that is soon going to be yours.
Just like His word says - Weeping may remain for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning.


Psalm 30:5: For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:11: You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,



Here's a song I learnt at School:

You said you'd come and share all my sorrows
You said you'd be there for all my tomorrows
I came so close to sending you away
But just like you promised, you came here to stay
I just had to pray
Chorus
And Jesus said,
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died"
Your goodness so great, I can't understand it
And dear Lord I know now that all this was planned
I know You're here now and always will be
Your love loosened my chains, and in You I'm free
But Jesus why me?
Chorus
And Jesus said,
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died"
Jesus I give You, my heart and my soul
I know now without God, I'll never be whole
Savior, You opened all the right doors
And I thank You and praise You from earth's humble shores
Take me I'm Yours!
Chorus
And Jesus said,
"Come to the water, stand by my side
I know you are thirsty, you won't be denied
I felt every tear drop, when in darkness you cried
And I strove to remind you,
It's for those tears I died"

No comments:

Post a Comment