Thursday, November 16, 2006

Patience Pays, Struggle Strangles - 16th Nov 2006

Sometimes when I come in early to office and no one is around I like to play the songs that are downloaded on my computer and just sing along and I kind of enjoy that. I am glad I have a Christian colleague who enjoys music as much as I do and so whenever he downloads songs on to his computer he shares them to my computer as well so that I could enjoy the songs as well. One day as I was trying to get the songs on to my computer, it was being rather slow (probably because the file size was big). I waited for sometime and when things appeared stuck, I just started clicking here and there and trying different things to sort things out, which only ended up making things more confused and stuck and a few applications had gone to the 'not responding' state.

I told about this to my colleague that I was not able to get the song files and he came over to help and saw me furiously clicking my way through and trying to sort things out. He said - " Listen, Don't do anything. Just wait and give it some time. Patience Pays ". I immediately thanked him for giving me a topic for my daily devotional :)

Though I did joke about it then, for the last few days God has been teaching me the importance of giving things over to Him and just waiting patiently for Him to act without any clicking around, or trying to sort things on my own but just waiting ON and waiting FOR Him. And His peace and His strength had been amazing. Today morning as I was reflecting on this I felt I had to write this, which could be a blessing for others.

As I waited, the files sorted itself out and things began working fine. I remember when I was in School, during our holidays Dad used to take us to meet my grandparents. I loved their village with all the green, and very clean, no traffic noise, you could hear every bird twitter and the sound of the winds (its long since I've heard that), lots of playing space, empty roads........ The whole village was one big community where everyone knew everyone and I loved going there. There was a small river which flowed through the village and my dad used to take my sister and my brothers and me there and try to teach us swimming. The first thing he taught us was - Don't Struggle. He said that if we struggled, we would only go down. He said the more we struggled and tried to keep ourselves up we would actually be only going into the water. He asked us to aim at moving forward by pushing the water backwards with our hands.

When waiting for something or stuck in some problem, its best to wait patiently for God to act. It may seem like nothing is happening but God is at work. When we struggle or try to work things out for ourselves by being frantic and getting all pressurised, arguing, fighting, slandering, we only succeed at getting things more stuck (like in my computer) or start going into the water. Joyce Meyer says that sometimes we slander under the pretext of sharing as prayer point or sharing our problem but God knows our motives. Its best to lay things at His feet and ask Him to take full control and wait for Him to act - and then go about our work praising and thanking Him because He is at work and He is in control.

Probably you are waiting for a break or a job or a much awaited promotion or a better job or an onsite opportunity or for an appraisal, or marriage, for a baby, or to be delivered from some sickness, some problem....... the list could go on and on. Give things to God. Stop struggling abd wait on God. Just wait and give it time. Its best when God acts according to His will, in His time. His will is the best for us. His time is the best for us. He is in control and definitely knows what He is doing.

So Don't forget, Struggle Strangles but Patience Pays.


Hebrews 6:15 - And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.
Romans 8:25 - But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
Psalm 37:7 - Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him
Proverbs 14:29 - A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.
Romans 12:12 - Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
1 Corinthians 13:4 - Love is patient
Galatians 5:22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

No comments:

Post a Comment