Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Being a Blessing - 15th Nov 2006

This morning I was going through a church website (NLAG) and going through their daily devotional column. The message for the day was about bearing fruit for Jesus. It was so beautifully written about how one could bear fruit. It was explained that a fruit does not exist for itself, it exists as food for others. Others eat it and are refreshed and get nutrition. It just exists to bring nutrition, health and benefit to someone else. That actually set me thinking about living a life for others. Being a blessing for others. Letting go of my comfort, my happiness, my pride, my anything to be a joy, comfort, blessing and an encouragement to someone else.

At Sis.Nishi's CareCell, she was talking about the importance of being a blessing for others. She said that she always looked for chances where she could help or be a blessing for someone. Even while driving to home or to office in her car, she said she looked around to see if she could offer a drop to someone and thereby be a blessing to them. At office, at home, at road and wherever she went, she is always on a lookout for a chance to be a blessing to others. I found that so inspiring and so beautiful. Just going through life and through everyday, looking out for chance to help someone out, to be a blessing to someone else, and thereby bearing fruit for Jesus.

Jesus lived all his life, for others, being a blessing for others and died for others (us). I'm sure he would be very happy and proud to see his children follow in his footsteps and live for others.

Last night something had happened which had disturbed me greatly and I was talking to God about it and asking him for his help to face the situation. I felt I had tried everything I could but was not able to help better the situation in any way. God said he wanted me to just give and give, expecting nothing in return. Whenever I had a chance to give help, give love, give time, give encouragement, give in any way I can, give without expecting anything in return. Give, even if it meant my sacrificing my comfort, my time, my anything, just give and choose being a blessing to others above myself.

My mother always tells me this - You never lose by giving. No matter how much you give, you never lose.

Like a Fruit, that exists for the blessing of others.
Like the sister at the carecell, always on a lookout for a chance to be a blessing to others.
Like Jesus who lived and gave everything, even his life.
Lets aim at being a blessing to others and thus bear fruit for Jesus.


John 15:16 - You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Colossians 1:10 - And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

John 15:5 - "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

John 15:4 - Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment