Thursday, November 09, 2006

Power Words - 23rd Aug 2006

Some time back I remember I had to leave office a little early to catch a train to travel down south to meet my relatives. It was raining so bad that day and one of my friends doubted if I would make it on time to the station. I had been reading this book by Joyce Meyer where she says - Most of us go through life not knowing that we carry immense power (more powerful than lightning and thunder) with us.

Well, what is this power?? I learnt a big lesson from this book and I’ve been blessed so much and I just hope this devotional helps in passing this blessing around.

So, what I did was, I told my colleague that it would stop raining and the place would be dry when I leave office and it would stay that way till I left Bangalore. And I made my colleague to say this as well. And guess what?? it did stop raining in about 30 minutes and when I left the office the place was completely dry and it didn’t rain till I left the city. I was as surprised as my colleague, but I learnt a great lesson that day.

God created the entire world and the universe by speaking. The words of his mouth were enough. He said, and it came to be. And then, He made Man in HIS OWN IMAGE, which would mean If I say, it would come to be.

Joyce says that we need to be very careful about the words that we speak. She stresses on always speaking positively. Because what we say, come to be. I remember reading about this same concept in a book by Paul Yongicho as well.

It may seem actually a little weird and funny and to some, unbelievable. But when a situation is bad keep confessing, it will be good. When your sad, keep confessing your happy. When your upset, angry, worried, keep confessing your peaceful. Keep talking positive and imagining positive things. It really helps. It really does.

Last Sunday, Prophet Bernard Ankoma, had come to our church and he talked about the very same thing. He said that what you sow, is what you reap. He said to speak positive things to create a positive situation in my life. He said – when you get up in the morning, get up saying something positive, no matter how tired or bored or sleepy you feel, just smile and say something good, like ‘Today is going to be a beautiful day’. Never let negative confession come out of your mouth – about yourself or about others. In the last prayer he made us repeat after him saying – ‘ God, we decide today that we are going to program our future in a good way by speaking positively’

Isn’t tht wonderful?? I can program my future with the words of my mouth?? All the more a reason to be very careful to speak only positive and good things.

If three great people of God, who have walked closely with him for so many years, say the same thing, I strongly believe there is definitely a lot attached to it.


Proverbs 10:11a11The mouth of the [uncompromisingly] righteous man is a well of life
Proverbs 10:31a31The mouths of the righteous (those harmonious with God) bring forth skillful and godly Wisdom
Proverbs 18:21:21Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life].



P.S – If you happen to see this book, ‘Me and My Big Mouth’ by Joyce Meyer, please do read it. It’s a small investment which would bring big results J

No comments:

Post a Comment