Monday, June 04, 2012

Like A Mother...

Yesterday we had been to a friend’s house for dinner.  Another friend of ours had come too. She has this adorable son named Aiden. Aiden is a happy, active and a really sweet little kid.  When we got there I saw Aiden on his mother’s lap and he was very quiet and looked sad. He wasn’t feeling well. He was just hugging his mom and lying on her lap. He wasn’t willing to go to anyone, not even his father. He just wanted his mom. And every time his mom got up to go somewhere, he would cry. He wasn’t well and being with his Mom gave him comfort, made him feel better. He’s usually a very happy kid, always running around. But when he wasn’t well, he wanted his mom to be close to him. Hugging her and being on her lap made him feel better.

Looking at Aiden, I was reminded about myself. Last week I wasn’t keeping well and I remembered how much I missed Mom. There are times when I am sick I would call mom and speak to her and when I have hung up, I would be completely alright. I guess it’s because of the love in her voice. To know you’re loved this much and someone cares this much for you. To hear the concern in her voice. To know undoubtedly that she will be praying for you, oh so fervently and earnestly. To know that she will feel and understand your pain and wish it was hers. Just knowing all this makes me feel so much better. Last week I didn’t call her immediately because I knew that she would get worried especially with me being so far away. But after 2 days of being sick I eventually did call her. She was concerned but relieved that I had called her because she said that now she could pray about it. And pray about it, she did. After a while I began to feel so much better and I called her to tell her I was feeling better because I knew she would be worried and she said she had been praying and she knew I was feeling better because she felt God’s deliverance while praying. Oh to have a praying Mom!!! Nothing can beat that!!

I am a mother myself. I love being a mother. I love my daughter. I don’t know how to describe what I feel for her or if I can actually describe it but I do know that she is a bigger part of me than myself. She’s such happiness and a blessing. Every morning the first thing I do is clean her up and change her diapers and give her her breakfast which is various kinds of porridge with fruits. Today, after I cleaned her up, I left her to play with her toys while I went to the kitchen to get her porridge ready. I just got busy with something in the kitchen and forgot about Gracia’s porridge. After a while Jerry, who had now joined Gracia in playing with her toys, called out asking if I had given Gracia something to eat and I suddenly realised I had forgotten about Gracia’s breakfast. I quickly took it to her and there is this song that came to my mind. It’s a Hindi song but the words mean – ‘A mother can forget her child but I will not forget you. Just like a hen keeps her little ones close to her, I keep you close to me. See I have engraved you on the palm of my hands’. I just felt so wow singing this song. I know how much I love Gracia but there is a chance of me forgetting her but not a chance of God forgetting me ever. I am on His mind 24/7. How wow is that !!!

God says in Isaiah 49:15 - Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
Again in Psalm 27:10 he says that even if your father and mother should leave you, I will not leave you and will always be with you. In Isaiah 66: 13 He says I will comfort you like a mother comforts her child.

It’s nice to every now and then bask in my mother’s love. I love the way she talks to me because it makes me feel so loved. It makes me feel so special and so wonderful. God loves us so much more. It’s so much more wonderful to bask in God’s love for I am more loved by Him, held in a more special way by Him. When we learn to lean on Him, to hug Him during our tough moments, He will give us His comfort, His strength and His peace.

Today at Church, our pastor, just before wrapping up the sermon said – Know that no matter what God lets you go through, He always has his eyes on you and is watching over you. He is with you every step of the way. He will not let you go through a path before going through it himself. He is always near you.                               

Isaiah 49:15 - Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

Psalm 27:10 - Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.

Isaiah 66:13a - As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you;

No comments:

Post a Comment