Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Fear of the Unknown

I don’t like suspense thrillers or any kind of thrillers much. For the simple reason that I just can’t enjoy it. Though it’s supposed to be entertainment, it does everything but entertain. My heart starts beating fast, my nails and whatever else is near me gets chewed up real fast, and the tension… oh the tension !! It doesn’t entertain me one bit. Just scares me. So I don’t enjoy suspense thrillers much.


It doesn’t necessarily have to be a suspense thriller, even a simple rom com where suddenly there is a twist in the story and there is this uncertainty factor. It would sometimes be just a silly story but yet, I cannot bear the suspense. Usually I ask if the person next to me has seen the movie and find out how it ends or I just quickly google the movie, to know how it ends. I knowww… I can hear you say – Boring!!! But yeah that’s what happens J. I’d rather know what’s going to happen and relax and watch the movie, than sit on the edge of the couch and worry. And usually in rom com and feel good movie and shows, things do end well, so once I know that, then I can sit back and relax and enjoy the movie.


Last Sunday, at our church our pastor spoke about this and he beautifully connected it to how we sometimes relate to the ‘Unknown’ and how we handle our fears. It was such a blessing to me as there were a few things running in my head and God continued to speak to me through that message.


Sometimes in life, we come to that point, where our life becomes like a suspense story. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You’re afraid of the future. You’re not in control. It’s a big suspense. It keeps you up in the night. It robs you of all peace and happiness. You just want to know how it ends, so you can breathe and relax.
Well, the good news is, we know how it ends!! For every child of God, it ends well! The ending is wow!! Its yayyy!! J

So now that we know the ending, you can just sit back and relax and watch every scene unfold in front of you. No matter how scary or frightening or how filled with uncertainty, anticipation, you know its temporary. You know it ends well. Not just well, it ends great!! 

Of course the devil will confuse you and put doubts in your head, as to if you’re really sure of the ending. If you’re really sure things will be okay. But that’s a lie. The devil is a liar. Tell yourself again and again, it’s all going to end well. Ask God for strength to believe. Ask God for wisdom to believe the truth.


Once I know the movie ends well, the uncertainty and suspense in the movie doesn’t affect me much, because I know the ending. So I enjoy it. Now I tell myself, in a tough situation to treat it just like that movie. It seems tensed and uncertain but I know how it ends so I’m going to treat it just like a movie and watch as every scene unfolds, and remind myself again and again, it ends beautiful, so just relax and enjoy.

Know that whatever situation you are in, it ends well. It ends beautiful. So just sit back and relax and enjoy the show.  J
 
Romans 8: 28 - And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose, (NIV)

Hebrews 13: 5 - …for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!] (AMP)

Jeremiah 29:11 - I say this because I know the plans that I have for you.” This message is from the Lord. “I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future. (ERV)

Jude 1:2 - Relax, everything’s going to be all right; rest, everything’s coming together; open your hearts, love is on the way! (MSG)  




No comments:

Post a Comment