Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy Wedding Anniversary, Sweetheart !!

When I was about 13 years old, there was a lady who spoke to us kids about how we need to pray about everything, including our future, and specifically the qualities we wanted in the guy we would someday marry. She said we could also make a list and ask God specifically the kind of person you would want to marry. So I took a piece of paper and wrote down my list and started praying about it too. After about a week, when I went through my list, I didn't quite agree with it and wanted a few changes. So I removed a few points and added some and made changes to some. And then after a few days, again I found that I wanted to make a few more changes. And this went on, till the paper was full of cuts and updates and it was time to bring in a new sheet and write down a fresh list. And again like before, this was followed by updates and updates and then a new list again..... And all the time my list changed, so did my prayers :)

Eventually I grew up and around the time I got married, I still had a list with me, which was almost completely different from that first list I had made. God brought this amazing guy into my life, who had some of those qualities that my list had, but didn't quite comply with most of the points on that list.

Jerry is probably the most amazing human being I have met. There is not a day that goes by, when I haven't thanked God for bringing someone so perfectly 'right' in my life. Whenever I look into his eyes, my heart always sends out a silent 'Thank you' to God. In every sense, he is the perfect guy for me. He has the right level of maturity, right 'sense of humor' level and the right 'being serious' level, the right level of understanding, the right level of being easy and the right level of being firm. Oh.... He fits the words 'Mr. Right' to the tee. I keep telling my family, relatives, friends that I am married to the best husband in this world and know what? Most of them agree with me. I'm incredibly blessed to be married to someone so wonderful, loving, caring, sensible..... okay I got to stop here or would just go on and on. In short - Jerry is everything I could wish for and more.

But remember, Jerry didn't match my list. God didn't give me what I thought I wanted. Because God knew me better. God knew 'my list' better than me. So while I was praying with some 'forever changing' list, God was working on my dear husband according to 'His list'.

If not the kind of list I had, you may have some list that you have put before God. Just imagine, what if God had answered the prayer I made with my first list. What a disaster that would have been. If God does not answer our prayers, it’s for our own good and blessing. With our '13 year old' brain the best that we can come up with is just a silly list. Boy! I can't thank God enough for not sticking to my list. We sometimes need to thank God for not answering our prayers.

God didn't give me my list...... He gave me more.... a great deal more..... Give your list to God. But don't worry when you don't get your list, cos God has a great deal more.....

And today as we complete another beautiful, happy and blessed year of being together, there is no doubt about this, God's list proved to be the best. Like God's word says - More than you ask or imagine.....

And to the most amazing guy in the world - Happy Wedding Anniversary, Sweetheart.


Ephesians 3:20 (AMP) - Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--

1 comment:

  1. Nice one! Wishing you many many happy years together! :)

    ReplyDelete